Wednesday, June 16, 2010

18 out of 21 Days

Days are starting to blend together. I don't remember what training I did when. I ran for an hour the night before. Ran an hour and a half the day before that. I haven't actually been checking my mileage, which is a bit of a mistake.

Today, while I was getting my car's oil changed and tires rotated, I went for a little trot in Cakota. I ended up running almost the entire way to Drascal (6 miles away). At about 4.5 miles, I realized that I needed to turn around, otherwise I would overdo it before the marathon.

Issues: the shin splints are getting worse. That does not bode well for me. Also, it's way too hot out. I only ran for a little bit over an hour today, and ended up getting the salt crystals on my skin from sweat.

Things are gonna be interesting. While I kinda want to not do any marathons anymore, I also am tempted to sign up for either the Kroll's Diner Marathon in Bismarck or the Medtronic Marathon in the Twin Cities.

No comments: