Friday, June 18, 2010

Pre-Marathon Day

The last day before the marathon. It was spent taking it quite easy. I did a 2.5 or 3 mile run. Took it at a really easy pace. Afterwards, I did twenty minutes of light bouldering and half an hour of yoga. Then BMW and Jason B. came to take a sauna with me. Then went up to BMW's house and ate a glorious amount of pasta. An enormous bowl worth of pasta (maybe a pound). After this, we played some Super Mario Bros. on Wii. Excellent game. Then BMW shows me the Wii Fit, and I was in like Finn. Had a great time playing the balance games, hula hooping, and nordic ski jumping. Jason B. mentioned that the mass amounts of hula hooping I was doing may come back to haunt me tomorrow. I am continually forgetting that I'm running a marathon tomorrow.

Oh well. The more I think about it, the more I realize that this will not be my last. Shooting for a time of 4 hours. No need to rush. I don't care to do Boston or New York City, so why shoot for a particular time?

No comments: