Saturday, February 16, 2008

She'll Never Sleep With You

I've been cross country skiing everyday for the past week. It's been glorious. It's a new type of soreness. Stretches the legs out in interesting areas. I can see why it's viewed as one of the best workouts out there. It's incredible to feel the glide of the skis under the snow. It's wonderful to feel the sweat soak the body even though it's frigid outside.

But perhaps it's the ability to adjust to the cold air that's so amazing for the cardiovascular system. Skiing today was beautiful. It was a bit too warm and the snow was too sticky, but it helps to get different conditions every so often.

A strict regiment of good food, stretching, and cardio work. My weight-lifting is over for the time being. I will begin weight-lifting again when I'm settled in more. For now I just need to make sure that my body doesn't degenerate into nothingness. As long as I stay physically active and am able to eat properly, it won't happen.

Found out today that grapefruit and alcohol is a bad mix. This was not by personal experience, it was information gathered from a comrade. Apparently grapefruit slows down the metabolism rate SPECIFICALLY for alcohol. It makes you unable to properly absorb the alcohol and can screw up the liver a lot.

No comments: