Saturday, January 26, 2008

Meditation

The last few days have been spent in meditation and relaxation. I have continued my usual workouts (with some cross country skiing added in for enjoyment). I've been mentally going through all of my muscles and relaxing them.

It's important to pay attention to the way the body is. When walking out in the cold, are the shoulders hunched? When sitting at a desk or computer, is the body slouching? Are the teeth clenched? Are the hands making tight fists? Are the legs too tense?

Paying attention to the body everyday is important. How can one expect to loosen any muscles or relieve soreness when the everyday activities are contributing to the pain?

I've also been thinking about my eating habits. I need to become more retroactive when it comes to food. Why should I compromise when it comes to my sources of energy? This seems like a poor choice. I suppose that the most important things for my body are food and sleep. I'm obviously active enough, so there isn't an issue there.

When I determine a new positive diet, I shall post it. In the meantime, I will try to stay away from foods that take my energy away. If I plan to do incredibly well on the Fargo marathon, I need to start now with the goal in mind.

No comments: