Friday, April 04, 2008

Ketchup, Mushrooms, and Artichoke Hearts

No link for this post. Nothing much going on. Just want to catch up on my routine. Today was a good day. I got to walk for a few miles outside with the bright sun shining on my back. My goal is to be tan before anyone else (<-sometimes I lie).

Today's routine:
Abs: superset of routine and leg raises
Donkey calf raises
<-One warm-up set of 40, then 3 sets of 50.
Leg extensions
Leg curls
Lying lateral flye


It was all good. The lying lateral flye helped me to open up my chest a little more. I could feel the tightness on my right arm. I kept it at a lower weight so that I could loosen up a little.

The following is one of my favorite recipes given to me by my friend Pangifone:
1½ cups broccoli, chopped
1½ cups cauliflower, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
3 cloves garlic, chopped
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cups vegetable stock or water
1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
5 tbsp of natural peanut butter

Directions:
In a large soup pot, sauté the broccoli, cauliflower, onions, ginger, garlic, cayenne, salt, and pepper in oil on medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add the stock, tomatoes, and nut butter. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
I like to use crushed red pepper also. It's a bit spicy, cause I also add a little extra ginger and more garlic. The natural peanut butter isn't necessary, it's just to help to make it vegan-friendly. A conveinant trick shown to me by Pangifone is to buy a stir fry mix, which eliminates doing the first three ingredients. It also adds a bit more to it. There's a lot of room for changes and adaptions to this recipe, and it's delicious and filling! Not to mention it is a tremendously healthy meal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I was just editing your post and I think maybe you should expand on the part about taking a walk. Were you alone? Or was there someone with you? And did you or did you not notice a creepy man on a bike hovering next to the person you may have been walking with?

blurricus said...

I'm glad you asked that. I was not alone. There was someone with me. There was a creepy man on a bike hovering around the person I with which I was walking. I think he lost his way. He wasn't sure if he wanted to go to the Elks or the Taco Bell.

Pangie said...

Oh man, I haven't made this stuff in far too long. I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow and I think I'm going to have to pick up these ingredients!