Sunday, March 30, 2008

For Whom to Vote


It is an election year. I present you the poster of the candidate for whom I am voting. Really, why choose the lesser evil? Why not choose the most evil you possibly could?

Since I have been taking the weekend off from lifting weights, I have allowed myself a few indulgences. One of these was some split-pea soup (it had a ham base and tiny little bits of ham) and another was a large amount of rum. Well, it wasn't really that large, but it had been a while since I had any. During the rumification, my sister (who remains sober) decided we need to write haiku. So there we sat at a concert, writing haiku. The following haiku were written by either my sister or myself.
Jackson Hole,
And breaking my neck
Brought me God.

Midnight beer
On the Missouri.
Perfection.

Cowboy hats
Upon their blonde hair:
True women.

Dakota Snow
So white and fluffy.
Forgiveness.

Tic-Tac-Toe
On chilly barstools
Is pointless.

Dead leaves
Revealed by melted snow.
North Dakota spring.

Sadness is
A tree in Brooklyn
Not growing.

Old Alice
Has no looking glass
Anymore.

To shimmer
And be happy is
The true path.

Thinking about
Tyler can bring a
Smile to me.

Outside wind
Fouling up my hair
Brings true joy.

Whips, handcuffs
And other dark arts
Are skanky.

Changing hair
Is a reflection
Of one's self.

Swedish boy
Sitting at the bar
Much too young.

Happy sad
Girl looking at me
In mirror.

Snubbed by you
In the parking lot
Is fucked up.

Happiness
Unattainable
Out of reach.

No comments: