Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Last Great Ski of the Season

I got back to Bismarck to warm weather. No snow is left in the city. It's sad. It's heart-breaking. I got my last great ski of the season up north of Duluth. One day was all downhill for probably 4k and uphill for 6k. Then, downhill skiing that 6k was absolute heaven. I've never felt so good xc-skiing.

The next day we did a 10k loop around Pincushion Mountain. It was so much fun. It was uphill enough to really wear a person down, but not enough to make one lose hope. Classic skiing is such a glorious workout. I think I can stalk a deer and kill it while I'm skiing. My new year's goal will come true.

Back in the gym lifting weights again. It feels nice to be actively using my body again. Even a month of inactivity just made me feel terrible. And the food...why must everything be so exhausting to eat? It's time to make a serious change in my eating habits.

No comments: