Thursday, March 13, 2008

Well Deserved and Well Drained


A couple of days ago, I just didn't feel like eating meat. "Going vegetarian" would be a poor choice of wording for it. It's moreso just having had a meat overdose the last however-long. I never used to eat meat for more than three or four days a week. It used to be something that was a bit of an indulgence for me. Suddenly, every dinner has meat as the main dish. It's just getting boring.

So I'm going no-meat for a while. No health reasons. No moral reasons. Just need to let my body and mind desire the taste again. A major issue I have currently is everyone saying "How are you going to get your protein?!" Umm, the same way I always do. From the multitude of other sources besides meat. I can still eat eggs (that taste hasn't disappeared). I can still eat grains, peanut butter, nuts, legumes, etc. What is it with people? If there's ANYTHING that I need more of, it's carbohydrates (and fruits...mmm...I could always use more of that).

No comments: